Employment law governs the relationship between an employer and employee. With all of the laws and regulations, the legal issues involving individual rights, compliance with state and federal laws, or how to address an employee complaint are ever changing. California’s labor laws are particularly active with all of the recent changes in California legislation, including the COVID-19 restrictions, employee classification, the new sexual harassment training laws, and safety concerns within the workplace.
Often employers and employees do not know their legal rights or how to handle a difficult situation at work. Individuals and businesses can greatly benefit from the advice of a skilled employment law attorney. Ms. Johns has extensive experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants in several areas of employment law.
The attorneys at Hillary Johns, Trial Lawyer provide representation to clients in the following areas of the law.
- COVID-19 restrictions
- Compensation Agreements
- Employer Compliance Assessments
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements
- Wage Claims, including vacation pay, sick pay, meal breaks and lunch breaks
- Hiring and Firing of Employees
- Wrongful Termination
- Employee Leave
- Harassment, Discrimination, and Retaliation Claims
- Employee Benefits and Discipline
- Workplace Environment, including defamation
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Insurance options and litigation
- Severance Agreements
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Litigation and Trial
- Anti-Sexual Harassment and Anti-Bully Training (Meets compliance standards)
- Corporate compliance assessments
Are you in compliance? For discreet, candid advice please contact our office for a free consultation.